In Zone Enrolment2022-12-05T09:41:52+00:00

In Zone Enrolment

To complete your in zone enrolment  for each child you will need to provide:

– pre-enrolment form (see link below)

– enrolment form (see link below)

– proof of address (e.g. water/rates bill, purchase agreement of property)

– evidence of residency (e.g current utility bill power/water / bank statement, legal letter advising permanent address. (residency is defined as your current and usual residence.)

– proof of identity and right to study in New Zealand for your child (e.g. NZ or Australian birth certificate, NZ or Australian passport) or if you are not a NZ or Australian citizen then passport showing study visa / residency etc.

– immunisation record (if your child is immunised)

To download a copy of the application forms please click on the forms you require below
Do not hesitate to contact the office for necessary forms: Phone 09 376 3568 or send our Office Manager Karla Hobday an email

Pre Enrolment Form for In-Zone Students
Enrolment Form for In-Zone Students

Our School Zone

Streets that are in zone

The address given at the time of application for enrolment must be the student’s usual place of residence when the school is open for instruction. This means that if you currently live at an in-zone address but move to an out-of-zone address before your child’s first day of attendance at the school, your child will not be entitled to enrol at the school.

The Ministry of Education has advised that parents should also be warned of the possible consequences of deliberately attempting to gain unfair priority in enrolment by knowingly giving a false address or making an in-zone living arrangement which they intend to be only temporary eg

  • renting accommodation in-zone on a short-term basis;
  • arranging temporary board in-zone with a relative or family friend;
  • using the in-zone address of a relative or friend as an “address of convenience”, with no intention to live there on an ongoing basis.

Before enrolment takes place (ie before attendance begins), if the board has reasonable grounds for believing that the given in-zone address will not be not a genuine, on-going living arrangement, the board may withdraw any offer of a place which it may have made on the basis of the given address.

After attendance has begun, if the school learns that a student is no longer living at the in zone address given at the time of application for enrolment and has reasonable grounds to believe that a temporary in-zone residence has been used for the purpose of unfairly gaining priority in enrolment at the school, then the board may review the enrolment. Unless the parents can give a satisfactory explanation within 10 days, the board may annul the enrolment. This course of action is provided for under section 11OA of the Education Act 1989.

The Board of Trustees of Ponsonby Primary School has the right to check residency up to 20 weeks after a pupil starting at the school.